Our Board of Directors
- Carl RalstonFounder and President of Remember Nhu, 2005 to current. Married to Laurie for 31 years. Bachelors degree in Business Management from Malone University and Master of Arts degree in Religion from Trinity Evangelical Divinity School. Doctorate of Ministry in Global Leadership from Alliance Theological Seminary. Former insurance agency Owner and President. Carl & Laurie are members of Hood River Alliance Church in Hood River, Oregon.
- Ian NelsonIan serves as the Vice President. Married to Sarah for 10 years. Bachelors degree in Marketing from Oregon State University, Master of Biblical & Theological Studies from Western Seminary. Prior to Remember Nhu, Ian served as a Pastor for over 10 years at two different churches, the most recent being Westside: A Jesus Church in Portland, Oregon. Roles included teaching pastor, associate pastor, overseeing college, youth, and communications. Ian is also an award-winning commercial photographer and social media influencer. Ian & Sarah currently reside in Colorado Springs with their two children.
- John PriesJohn is currently serving as Executive Vice President of Operations for Remember Nhu. He has been married to Pam for 50 years and together they serve as missionaries to the people of Cambodia. John retired from staff ministry as the administrative pastor and missions pastor for 17 years at Horizon Community Church in Tualatin, Oregon. Prior to his service at Horizon, John held middle and upper management positions in the trucking industry for 25 years.
- Barbara KisleyMarried to Steve for 20 years. Bachelors degree from University of Maryland in Education and graduate work at Loyola University and Regent College. Co-founder of a commercial real estate company in Silicon Valley with further experience in education, medical sales and with an international document management and business process company. Active in missional community and mentoring roles at Tomoka Christian Church in Ormond Beach, Florida.
- Rev. Bob AbelDirector of Staff and Pastoral Care. Married to Amy for 15 years. Bachelors Degree in Finance, Master of Business Administration and Masters of Divinity. Served 14 years in business with a global organization serving in management and executive roles in finance, logistics, sales, marketing and business unit leadership. Served 12 years in pastoral ministry including seven years as a church planter. Ordained as Minister of Word and Sacrament in Reformed Church in America. Bob and his family currently reside in Kohler, Wisconsin with their two children.
- Candice GrantCandice is originally from Houston, Texas and graduated with a BSBA from Ohio State University with a concentrated focus in Supply Chain & Fashion Merchandising. She is currently serving as Director of Vocational Training for Remember Nhu, overseeing operations in Southeast Asia and Kenya. She served as a missionary in Thailand for 3 years before returning to the States to pursue her MBA focusing on Non-Profit Management and Public Policies. Her goal is to be at the intersection of business and social impact; building cross-sector coalitions to shape more inclusive and equitable communities.
- Debbie VikFrom Seattle, Washington; served as a missionary under the Christian and Missionary Alliance since 1981 in Thailand. Most recently she is involved with the Center for Leadership Development which trains local pastors in how to raise up lay leaders to help them in ministry. Debbie also serves as the official Secretary for the Board of Directors.
- Stephanie CarkinStephanie and her husband Jared are raising a family with 4 children in Sherwood, Oregon. She has been in construction since 2003 and is currently Vice President of Operations at Commercial Mechanical Construction Company based out of Wilsonville, Oregon. Stephanie has served and partnered with Remember Nhu since 2014. She also has been involved in her home church at Horizon Community Christian in Tualatin, OR since 2009 focusing in missions, hospitality, youth ministry, mentorship and development programs.
- Brad PerronBrad has supported Remember Nhu ever since Carl and Nhu first spoke at his church (Hood River Alliance in Oregon). In 2011 Brad and his wife Sarah blended a family of 11 children, in which they have successfully launched 8 of the children out into the world (leaving 3 at home)! Brad is the owner of several businesses, including Historical Carousels, Inc—the largest collection of carousels in the country. Brad and Sarah have been heavily involved in Remember Nhu's work in Kenya.