Our Board of Directors
- Carl RalstonFounder and President of Remember Nhu, 2005 to current. Married to Laurie for 28 years. Bachelors degree in Business Management from Malone University and Master of Arts degree in Religion from Trinity Evangelical Divinity School. Former insurance agency Owner and President. Carl & Laurie are members of Hood River Alliance in Hood River, Oregon and attend Westside A Jesus Church in Portland, Oregon.
- Steve MarshallVice President of Remember Nhu. Married to Lee Anne for 30 years. Undergraduate degree from Moody Bible Institute and Master of Art in Religion degree from Liberty Theological Seminary. Serving in three churches over the past 30 years, now Lead Pastor and church planter for Mission View Church (non-denominational) in North Canton, Ohio.
- John PriesJohn is currently serving as Vice President of Operations for Remember Nhu. He has been married to Pam for 49 years and together they serve as missionaries to the people of Cambodia. John retired from staff ministry as the administrative pastor and missions pastor for 17 years at Horizon Community Church in Tualatin, Oregon. Prior to his service at Horizon, John held middle and upper management positions in the trucking industry for 25 years.
- Vern BoersmaTreasurer of Remember Nhu. Married to Patti for 32 years. Attended Faith Bible College and earned a B.S. in Accounting from Iowa State University. A CPA with experience in public and corporate accounting, including regional and international accounting rms. Currently CFO for $200mm manufacturing company, owner of his own accounting rm, and co-owner with family members in a service and distribution business. For 30+ years, active in Saylorville Church in Des Moines, Iowa and now involved with Cornerstone Church in Ames, Iowa.
- Barbara KisleyMarried to Steve for 19 years. Bachelors degree from University of Maryland in Education and graduate work at Loyola University and Regent College. Co-founder of a commercial real estate company with further experience in education, medical sales and with an international document management and business process company. Active in missional community and mentoring roles at Westside A Jesus Church in Portland, Oregon.
- Mike McDonaldMarried to Melissa for 6 years. Eight years of business operations and management experience, seven years of Pastoral experience. Currently the Global Justice Pastor for A Jesus Church, a family of churches (non-denominational) in Portland, Oregon with responsibilities and partners in India, Thailand, Myanmar, Zimbabwe, Uganda and Haiti. Mike’s involvement in Remember Nhu is “but one example of my passion for education and community sustainability”.
- Jim McWhinnieMarried to Louise for 49 years. Bachelors degree from University of Wyoming. Retired insurance Agency Owner. Member of Crossgate Church (Presbyterian Church in America). Resides in Salem, SC. Board member of ECHO, West Africa Reformed Mission, and the Karen Hill Tribe Partnership.
- Debbie VikFrom Seattle, WA; served as a missionary under the Christian and Missionary Alliance since 1981 in Thailand. Most recently she is involved with the Center for Leadership Development which trains local pastors in how to raise up lay leaders to help them in ministry.